There are some people who appear to moan and groan perpetually – their lives are constantly disappointing.
There are others who are eternally (well, in this life anyway) optimistic. They appear to live charmed lives.
However, cause and effect are almost always blurred in these situations and it’s hard to distinguish fact from fantasy. I am not a great believer in the, so-called, ‘law of attraction’ but I do think that the language we use can have an impact on the way in which we see life and therefore how we experience it.
This picture was circulating on Facebook recently. As you can see there are three ‘wisdoms’ that the authors of the site – www.positiveoutlooksblog.com – consider important. But look closer at the language they are using.
- Could this be phrased in a way that encourages people to live their lives positively?
- Couldn’t this be stated in a less negative manner so a few more people actually try it?
For a positive outlooks blog, I think they’ve missed a trick….
What they meant to say was:
Three Simple Guidelines for Life
- If you go after what you want, there’s a chance that you’ll get it.
- If you ask, then the answer might be YES!
- If you want to be in a different place, then you’ve only got to step forwards.